Covid-19 Travel Update
From 5 April 2022, you will no longer be required to show your COVID-19 vaccine passes or proof of a negative COVID-19 test when travelling with us. You will also not be required to scan in at our terminals or onboard.
All customers aged 12 and over are required to wear a face mask when you are:
- in our terminals
- on the Picton shuttle bus
- onboard our ships, except when you are eating or drinking, or in a private cabin.
Face masks are optional when you are outside on the ships viewing decks, however, we strongly recommend wearing them.
If you are exempt from wearing a face mask, you’ll be required to show your Mask Exemption Pass.
Additional Safety Measures
- We continue to ensure that the ships are cleaned to a high standard, including the use of fogging disinfectant machines throughout cabins and other passenger areas.
- Sanitiser stations are available throughout the terminals and ships.
Omicron outbreak – service update
Sailings are continuing as scheduled. However, some aspects of our service have been affected by lower staff numbers:
- Our call centre is extremely busy and there is a longer wait to answer calls and respond to email queries. We are sorry if we’re unable to respond to your query as quickly as we’d like to.
- The passenger terminal buildings in Wellington and Picton may, at times, be shut between sailings. If closed, they will re-open once check-in for the next sailing opens.
If you are feeling unwell, please do not travel.
If you need to get in touch you can email our team at email@example.com or call 0800 844 844, 7 days a week, 8.30am to 8pm NZST. Please include your booking reference number and your sailing date in the subject line.
Sharing of your information
Information that you provide to us about yourself and others, including vehicle registration number, destination information and personal information such as names, addresses, and contact information may be disclosed by us to the New Zealand Police for the purposes of assisting with initiatives related to the prevention and lessening of COVID-19 transmission (including for contact tracing purposes) for the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak.
If you have any questions about the privacy of your personal information, would like to access, correct, update or remove your personal information or if you have a complaint about a breach of your privacy please contact us, either by email or by writing to us at PO Box 1144, Wellington 6011.