Travel Information & COVID-19 Updates
Current: Alert Level 2
- Auckland, Northland, Raglan, Te Kauwhata, Huntly, Ngāruawāhia, Hamilton City, Waitomo District, Te Kuiti, Waipa District, and Ōtorohanga is at Alert Level 3.
- The rest of New Zealand is at Alert Level 2.
During Alert Level 2 we’re able to carry all passengers and vehicles to travel across the Cook Strait and look forward to welcoming everyone on board. To help keep everyone safe, travelling with us at Alert Level 2 will look a little different:
Your safety and well-being remains our top priority.
- Face coverings are mandatory in all public areas. They may be removed when eating and drinking and when in a private cabin. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, you’ll be required to show your exemption card.
- Social distancing is required at the Passenger and Freight terminals.
- For your peace of mind we’ve increased cleaning and provided extra hand sanitisers on board all our ships, terminals and shuttles.
- We’ve introduced measures to ensure distance is kept between staff and passengers and we request that all passengers observe this. Failure to do so will result in refusal of travel.
- Our operation is now cashless. Only debit and credit card payments will be accepted at terminals and on board.
- When you check-in you’ll be given a disposable boarding pass.
Travel from Alert Level 3 region
We are only permitted to carry customers from Alert Level 3 areas if you are permitted to travel across Alert Level boundaries. Please visit the Government’s Covid-19 website to check if you are eligible and what documentation is required to do so.
Flexibility if you can no longer travel
If you’re unable to travel due to the current COVID-19 travel restrictions, we’re offering you the flexibility to transfer or cancel your booking and get a 12-month credit or a refund if your ticket conditions allow. You can transfer your booking online, or if you wish to cancel it please email your request and booking reference to email@example.com.
If you are feeling unwell or have visited locations of interest identified by the Ministry of Health, please do not travel, and consult the Ministry of Health guidelines for advice on what to do.
Taking care of you
Increased hygiene measures have been implemented and the Government’s Covid-19 tracing app scannable codes are present at the passenger terminals and on board the ships. If you haven't already, download the NZ COVID Contact Tracing App before you arrive at the passenger terminal.
If you need to get in touch you can email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 844 844, 7 days a week, 8.30am to 8pm NZST. Please include your booking reference number and your sailing date in the subject line.
Sharing of your information
Information that you provide to us about yourself and others, including vehicle registration number, destination information and personal information such as names, addresses and contact information may be disclosed by us to the New Zealand Police for the purposes of assisting with initiatives related to the prevention and lessening of COVID-19 transmission (including for contact tracing purposes) for the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak.
If you have any questions about the privacy of your personal information, would like to access, correct, update or remove your personal information or if you have a complaint about a breach of your privacy please contact us, either by email or by writing to us at PO Box 1144, Wellington 6011.