Cancellations due to large swells – Thursday, 21 July and Friday, 22 July

Updated 8 pm, 21/07/2022

Today's bad weather across the country has caused very large swells in the Cook Strait, which are forecast to last into the early hours of Friday morning. For the safety of our passengers and crew all sailings today were cancelled, and we have now cancelled our 2 am Wellington to Picton sailing, and our 2:30 am Picton to Wellington sailing tomorrow (Friday, 22 July) as well.

Cancelled sailings

Thursday, 21 July 2022

Wellington to Picton
1:30 pm
8:30 pm

Picton to Wellington
2:00 pm
7:15 pm

Friday, 22 July 2022

Wellington to Picton
2:00 am

Picton to Wellington
2:30 am

All passengers affected by these cancellations are in the process of being contacted.

The weather is forecast to improve by the morning and sailings are likely to resume at 7:45 am from Picton and 8:15 am from Wellington; however, if the large swells continue longer than forecast, further cancellations are possible. We will notify all affected customers as soon as possible if this occurs.

We’re really sorry that we’ve had to cancel these sailings and we understand this will be disruptive to our customers' travel plans.

If you have any questions about your sailing, please call us on 0800 844 844 or email bookings@bluebridge.co.nz with your booking number. Please be aware that our customer service team is very busy because of the weather disruptions, so answering your call or responding to your email may take a bit longer.

 

University student?