Bluebridge Bike Club
At Bluebridge, we're big on biking which is why we created the Bike Club. You can walk your bike on board for free and save 10% on our best fares all year round when you sail with your bike!
Join the Bluebridge Bike Club
To join up now, simply like the Bluebridge Bike Club on Facebook. You'll get 10% off our best fares all year round when you sail with your bike! If you follow us you'll find out about any new trails and get opportunities to win cool stuff like gear for your bike or travel experiences.
Bluebridge Bike Club Offer Terms and Conditions:
- This discount is exclusively for members of the Bluebridge Bike Club, including members of the Wellington Trails and the Nelson Marlborough Mountain Bike Club.
- Members will save 10% off all standard Bluebridge retail fares, year-round, when travelling with a bike whether walk on or drive on.
- The discount code is valid for bookings and travel up until 31 March 2024.
- Public fares and fare types are all dynamic and subject to daily changes.
- Fares and fare types are always subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Standard fare type conditions apply as per the individual fare type booked, you can find these at; https://www.bluebridge.co.nz/payment#fare-types
- This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
- The offer can only be redeemed for bookings made direct through the Bluebridge passenger service call centre, passenger terminal or website. It cannot be redeemed for StraitNZ Bluebridge freight bookings or bookings made by third parties (affiliated agents of Bluebridge).
- Members must confirm their membership to the Bluebridge Bike Club, Wellington Trails and/or NMTBC when they check-in as proof of entitlement. If not presented, the standard retail fares will be charged.
- Payment must be made when booking via the following payment methods; Poli (bank transfer), Credit card and/or Afterpay.
- The promo code must be used at the time of booking and cannot be retrospectively added to an existing booking.
Simply use promo code LOVEMYBIKE when you book at www.bluebridge.co.nz.
Or quote the promo code when you call 0800 844 844
Rod "The RodFather" Bardsley
Riding bikes, fixing bikes, writing about bikes, and testing bikes and “bike stuff”.
He’s pretty excited that bikes keep getting better – increasingly able to handle steeper grades and more challenging terrain – and that he gets to regularly ride exciting new tracks.
Lucky for us he also likes ships – especially ships that sail to cool places to ride – and that’s why he’s come on board as our Bluebridge Bike Club ambassador.
Rod, who first began riding as a 20-year-old and says he has been on a mountain bike almost every day since, has been a professional firefighter and competitive downhill racer (as part of the New Zealand Downhill Racing team), as well as a bike mechanic. After a stint in London and the French Alps (mountain bike guide in summer, snowboard guide in winter) Rod returned to the capital - and bike repairs - in 2006.
Alongside his cycle repair business Rod writes a regular column and reviews bikes and gear for Spoke Magazine.
He still rides nearly every day and races Enduro whenever he gets the chance.
Married to Rhiannon and with two daughters (Elodie and Willow who have recently started riding) when Rod’s not riding bikes, or repairing bikes he’s, well, thinking about bikes. Or planning his next sail and ride adventure at the very least.