Go Bluebridge for the best value Cook Strait ferry fares
When Bluebridge’s first ship, the MV Santa Regina, set sail on her maiden voyage across Cook Strait in early 2002, NZMCA members were there among the very first passengers – and you’ve been with us ever since. For more than 15 years, we’ve ferried motorhomes, caravans, 5th wheelers and the intrepid Kiwis who drive them from downtown Wellington to Picton (and back) 50 times a week.
Save heaps on Bluebridge
The first to offer NZMCA travellers the best possible fare – in fact we offer members the best value fares across Cook Strait full stop - we’re also the only ferry offering Airpoints Dollars™.
We offer full flexibility on all our NZMCA fares. If your plans change, you can change your crossing for free right up until one hour before your sailing. And you can change it as many times as you like up to 12 months from your original travel date.
You'll love our warm Kiwi hospitality and enjoy free movies and WiFi, comfortable seating and a delicious menu of fresh locally sourced food, wine and coffee. Or for an extra level of comfort, try one of our private ensuite cabins. We offer a choice of single, double, twin and family cabins complete with linen. Perfect if you want to get some rest before you head off on the next leg of your adventure. We even have an overnight sleeper service on week days from Wellington to Picton so you can sleep while we sail
Simply use promo code MOVANNERS and enter your membership details when you book online or call our friendly, local customer service team on 0800 844 844 Show our team your NZMCA membership card when you check-in. If not presented, retail flexi fares will be charged.
Off Peak rates apply for travel from 1 February to 14 December. Peak rates will apply for travel from 15 December to 31 January.
Terms and conditions:
- NZMCA rates include GST and are current as at 20 February 2024, applicable for all new and amended bookings for travel until 14 December 2025. Bluebridge reserves the right to conduct regular reviews of the rates and fare terms and conditions.
- Peak rates apply from 15 December 2024 through 31 January 2025 (inclusive). Off-peak rates apply for all other dates.
- Members must show their NZMCA membership card with photo ID when they check-in. If not presented, standard retail Flexi Sail fares will be charged.
- NZMCA member discounted fares are available for travel with or without a vehicle.
- Fares are only eligible for bookings that include a minimum of one NZMCA member. A maximum of six passengers are permitted in one booking, travelling on the same journey, accompanied by the member.
- NZMCA discounted vehicle pricing is applicable on member vehicles (including towed vehicles) only. The member must be driving their member vehicle.
- Fares are fully flexible and 100% refundable year-round, up until one hour prior to sailing. Full Flexi fare terms and conditions can be viewed here; https://www.bluebridge.co.nz/payment#fare-types
- This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
- The offer can only be redeemed for bookings made direct through the Bluebridge passenger service call centre, passenger terminal or website. It cannot be redeemed for StraitNZ Bluebridge freight bookings or bookings made by third parties (affiliated agents of Bluebridge).
- These special fares are intended for personal leisure travel only, and cannot be accessed by commercial establishments for business purposes. If identified, standard retail Flexi Sail fares will be applied to the booking, with the difference in fare payable before sailing.
- These special fares are valid for personal equestrian bookings. They are not valid when transporting any other livestock, for these bookings please email email@example.com or call 0800 162 322 for a quote.
- These special fares are valid for truck bookings up to 8m in length, and up to 3.5 Tonne. For truck bookings over 8m in length, or over 3.5 Tonne, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 162 322 for a quote.
- To book enter or quote the promo code MOVANNERS online, along with membership details, at www.bluebridge.co.nz, or via the customer service centre on 0800 844 844.
- Payment must be made when booking via the following payment methods; Poli (bank transfer), Credit/debit card and/or Afterpay.
- The MOVANNERS promo code must be used at the time of booking and cannot be retrospectively added to an existing booking.
Bluebridge is Air New Zealand’s first and only Airpoints ferry partner. NZMCA members can earn Airpoints Dollars every time you sail the Strait with us.
Simply enter your Airpoints number in the field provided and make sure your booking name matches your Airpoints account name. If you’re calling our customer service team, give them your Airpoints and account name and they'll add it to your booking. Or if you have a 'My Bluebridge' profile, you can log in, enter your Airpoints number in the field provided and your Airpoints number will be added for all future bookings.
You'll earn one Airpoints Dollars for every $75 spent on a ferry booking and your Airpoints will be credited once the sailing is completed.